Where are houses in Crozet selling? What are prices doing? Is now a good time to buy or sell a home in Crozet? David Ferrall and I answer some of these questions in this quarter’s real estate overview of the Crozet area.
Questions about the market? Thinking about buying a home or curious about your home’s market value?
Ask us anytime. Or stop by the Crozet Mudhouse on either the 2nd or 4th Wednesday of the month between 9am and 11am.
Median sales price, where are new homes selling, what neighborhoods are coming online in Crozet? We love questions!
Our experiment continues. David Ferrall and I love to talk about real estate. We thought the Crozet Real Estate Conversation series would be a good place to talk about real estate and share some of our thoughts and insights about life in Crozet & the Crozet real estate market.
- “Crozet” for these purposes is defined as “Crozet Elementary + Brownsville Elementary”
- 2015 Median price for Attached & Detached homes in Albemarle County: $340K (1,471 homes). (1,374 homes)*
- 2015 Median price home in Crozet: $400K (285 homes sold) Median price home in Crozet in 2014: $373K (253 homes sold).
- New construction in Crozet is up 50%(!) in 2015 over 2014.
- Small builders are holding their own, holding 20% of the new construction market.
- 50% of new construction in Crozet is in Old Trail.
- 26 of sales in Crozet last year were in Old Trail (also, Old Trail is seeking a downzoning)
- 28% of new homes sold in Crozet last year were under $400K.
- 19% of all sales in Albemarle County are in Brownsville + Crozet Elementary School districts
David and/or I are at the Crozet Mudhouse on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month. Please stop by to chat; we pulled (and know) a lot more real estate data and information than we shared in the video.
- * I didn’t include condos in these numbers because Crozet doesn’t have condos … yet. (see: Piedmont Place)
- I’m working on a few answers to the questions posed here; will post soon.